Monday 8 July 2013

Shandy cocktails


I'm not sure if this is actually going to constitute as a a cocktail tail but, whatever. I'm sure you all know how to make shandy too, but oh well. 

Last night we had a BBQ and in an excuse to use my new vintage glass bottles I thought I'd make a big drink of something lovely. 


In a mixing bowl I squeezed in the juice of two limes and added three tablespoons of lemon juice.
I then added to pints of pale lager.
Then I went ahead poured in lemonade. If you're going to make this then add as much or as little as you want, whatever suits your taste.


Use whatever glass you want. In hindsight I should have used a long glass because it's a long drink but yeah. I used a shallow dish with lemon juice to wet the rim of the glass, and then dipped the glass into a plate of salt. It gives a nice bitter pinch but I think next time I will try sugar. 
It was pretty good!

Usually I make shandy with just lemonade and lager but I think the lemon and lime juice really bring out the taste of the lager. 

charlotte
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

we are a new online vintage store and blog hoping to fulfill all your lovely vintage desires!